PEARL MODIADIE

PEARL MODIADIE

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Caviar? Cocktail Sushi? Celeb Sundowners at LiquidChefs

So we were all asked to be there at 18h30 to meet the lucky winner who got the opportunity to spend the night with her favourite celebs and I was honoured to be one of them...
I was one of the first people to arrive and I guess Refilwe (the winner) wanted to make a grand entrance...and she did...45 minutes later! I forgave her though because ey,...it was her night after all...



From left: Me, Tibz,Mika Stefano, Refilwe (the winner) and Claire Mawisa
Pic courtesy of www.wonted.co.za

Oh what an awesome evening it was!! We were treated to caviar and champagne...It was my first caviar experience and uhmm... I didn't quite like it,it just felt really funny in my mouth ( I don't mean to be so graphic, but it tasted like boogers..lol.. Don't ask me how I know what they taste like.. hey, you were once young too!)...and I guess it's so expensive because people like exotic and weird things..it felt slimy in my mouth. I'm open to trying new things especially food, but I wouldn't try it again..no..and the other guests share the same sentiments believe it or not...I guess it's a taste that none of us have acquired.



Look, it even looks like boogers!! lol....

We also tried cocktail sushi...LiquidChefs is introducing this to South African food lovers...and I enjoyed it. I think food tasting could be a great first date experience, just to get to know the other person better.. what they like, what they don't, how they react to new experiences etc...

Here we are trying Cocktail Sushi.. it really wasn't bad.. I would try it again! Warning: It doesn't taste anything like sushi...



Pic : www.wonted.co.za


Here we are again :)


Pic : www.wonted.co.za

It was a pleasant evening and I got a chance to bond with the fabulous blogger Mika Stefano, bubbly TV and radio personality Claire Mawisa, my colleague at YFM DJ Warras, the winner Refilwe, Tibz (he does a lot of things so I won't even start with the list.. awesome guy though) and Tshiamo from WONTED.
Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment