PEARL MODIADIE

PEARL MODIADIE

Monday, April 18, 2011

Love Should Never Hurt




We had our first argument last night and he said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me.
I know he is sorry and didn't mean the things he said because he sent me flowers today.
It wasn't our anniversary or any other special day.
Last night he threw me into the wall and started to choke me. It seemed like a nightmare, I couldn't believe it was real. I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over.
I know he must be sorry because he sent me flowers today.
I got flowers today and it wasn't Mothers Day or any other special day.
Last night he beat me up again.
It was much worse than all the other times.
If I leave him, what will I do?
How will I take care of my kids? What about money?
I'm afraid of him and scared to leave, but I know he must be sorry because he sent me flowers today.
I got flowers today.
Today was a very special day.
It was the day of my funeral.



Last night he finally killed me.
He beat me to death.
If only I had gathered enough courage to leave him, I would not have gotten flowers today...



I received this story on my BBM from a good friend of mine Refiloe Magoai and I couldn't help but get mad and wonder why!
There are so many women who live like this every single day of their lives and I am not in their situation, never have been and I pray to God I never go through it, but it really breaks my heart that they put up with it!
I am not one to judge because I have never gone through it, but I do wonder why they are sticking around!

I did a bit of research and found that people stay in abusive relationships for several reasons including :

1. They are afraid of the other person..afraid of what they will do if they leave.
2. They are afraid the "other person" will commit suicide (blaming themselves for it)
3. They are afraid of being alone, thinking they will not be able to find another person for them.
4. They are afraid of what other people will say or think.
5. They believe the 'other person' will change....this is the last time he hits me.
6. They love the person too much to leave...don't want to 'hurt' the other person
7. They are afraid of not being able to make it on their own... Financially

I pray that every woman who is in an abusive relationship gathers the strength to leave! It may not be easy, but it needs to be done!!
If it is you, talk to someone before it's too late.
POWA (People Opposing Women Abuse) helps a lot of women get through this. They offer Telephonic, Counselling and Legal support!
Here's the link to their site!

http://www.powa.co.za/contact.html




P.S : Love Is Not Supposed To Hurt
Take care of yourself
Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment